Friday, December 30, 2011

Song River Cafe 松花江餐室 @ Gurney Drive

I read a few blogs that feature this cafe and I passed by it many times on the way to Gurney Plaza. Finally, I manage to dine there. And all that I can remember was just the delicious roasted chicken.
Here's the location.



Bak Kut Teh with 油条 and rice RM11.00
A blog mentioned that people normally come for the Bak Kut Teh and the 煮炒. The 
煮炒 wasn't open that day. My friend commented the Bak Kut Teh tasted so-so. Even the one at Sungai Dua, which is just opposite Tesco Extra, tastes better than this one.
菜糕 RM2.20
The same Bak Kut Teh stall sells this too. They would have been better if the dumpling skin wasn't that easily punctured.

Otak-otak RM2.50
It smelled great but it's too soft and jelly-like. Highly NOT recommended.
Roasted Chicken Drumstick RM5.00
The same stall that sells the otak-otak sells this too. The roasted chicken was superb!! It's the only food at Song River Cafe that I like.
When I was there, I saw two kids kept ordering and eating roasted chicken from this stall. They seemed to love it very much.

Roti Babi RM4.00

Hokkien Loh Mee RM4.50
Tasted ordinary. The one at Presgrave is way better!

Jiashi Restaurant 家式

奶油排骨 Pork Ribs in Butter Cream RM19.80

茄子豆腐 Brinjal Beancurd RM15.00

苦瓜夾蛋 Fried Egg with Bitter Gourd RM8.30

Song River Cafe 松花江餐室
65, Persiaran Gurney,
10250, Georgetown, Penang.
Tel: 012 - 492 7275 (Mrs Lim Sew Yen)
Business Hours: 7:00am - 3:00am

No comments: